Tuesday 5 March 2013

A bad....bad...weekend

The diet had been going really well until Saturday.  We had visitors round who turned up bearing Battenberg cake, mmmmm, one of my favourites.  I had intentions of being strong but made the fatal mistake of having a tiny piece and that was it, I ate most of it and as far as the diet goes it was really bad.  The amount of sugar in the cake and marzipan must be huge.  The rest of the day went as best as possible, I was at work which always makes the timing of meals difficult.  Then Sunday happened..

..the only thing I could think of was a Burger King and when the rest of the household agreed, we went crazy and had a burger meal, drink and ice-cream - whoops.  I can't say that I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would but the coke was nice to drink.  While we were off the diet we decided to have some chocolate and I had bread and butter with Jam for tea.  So many thing wrong with that as far as Harcombe that I can't even count.  2 days later and I am still suffering from the ill effects of our binge, sleep pattern a mess, stomach ache and nausea and cravings.

So on that note, we went back to Phase 1 for 5 days to try and get back on track.  We are now on day 2 of that detox phase and it is so much easier than last time because a lot of things we are used to now and I have my recipe books so I'm doing different things and it isn't so boring.  Don't get me wrong I am missing milk again, so very restrictive without but I can drink black coffee and tea easier this time and I don't miss flavoured cold drinks so much.  I'm still not happy with phase 1 breakfasts, some mornings I can't tolerate eggs and the porridge with water is still vile.  I've just bought some nutmeg to try and give it a bit of flavour in the morning but the good thing about Phase 1 is that it is only 5 days.

I'm not promising a weight loss this week.  I checked my weight on Monday morning and I had gained 3lb over the weekend.  I'm hoping the 5 days will get rid of that gain if nothing else.


No comments:

Post a Comment